We are asking for monetary donations to purchase the following items for the Clothes Closet:
- Toiletries (It’s better for us to order these items as we get better deals online than going to the Dollar Store or Target.) Every week we offer our guests at least 12 different items ranging from toothpaste to razors.
- New rolling racks for the clothing (The ones we have are so flimsy and are not capable of handling the amount of clothing we wish to display.) New ones cost about $150-$160, but are much sturdier and are double-racked as well.
- Socks and underwear (New packages of these items are appreciated. Used underwear or socks are not accepted.) We need both men’s and women’s and all sizes as well. Socks are crucial to these folks as they spend so much time on their feet.
- Bus Passes – again these are crucial for our guests as so many of them must walk everywhere, e.g., shopping, doctor’s appointments, food distributions, etc. Daily passes are $4.50 for an all-day pass; $69 for a 30-day pass. One way costs you $2.00.
- Gift cards – McDonalds, Subway, or any other fast-food establishments are a great idea for those who are hungry–$5, $10, etc.
Please donate online or send your check, payable to St. Andrew’s Episcopal Church, to 1231 E. Chapman Ave., Fullerton, CA 92831. In the memo field, please write Clothes Closet. Thank you for your generosity. Also, kindly note that we are not accepting any donations of clothing for the Clothes Closet at this time because we are in the midst of cleaning up and organizing what we have.